Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A thankful heart

Today I am grateful. I am grateful that despite the odds (even from before Ethan was born) that my baby is still alive today. I am grateful that with each day his health improves.

I am grateful to my fiancé, Mike, for being my rock, my love and my greatest supporter.

I am so thankful to my mom who has so graciously been taking care of Braden and Cameron so I can be here with Ethan. I am thankful for Nancy Schowen for helping and being so accommodating as well. I am also grateful to my brother Eric for stepping up to the plate and helping as needed. I am thankful to My brother Mike and his wife Kim for braving a few days and nights with Cameron. (Pretty good birth control, huh?)

I am incredibly thankful to my Dad who has come every day to the hospital to visit, give support and have dinner with me. I'm grateful to Angeles who has also made the trip a couple times and has kept the prayer chain at her church advised of Ethan's condition.

I'm thankful to the friends that have offered to bring my mom and the boys dinner (Kate, Lauren and Carolyn). I can't tell you how much that means to me.

I'm grateful to my Facebook friends that have commented words of encouragement, prayers, life experiences, or shared Ethan's story with others so they can pray- it really means so much to me and helps me to get through the day. (In particular Debbie Mulligan, Lindsey Allen, Kate Hammernik, Aubree Valentino, Jessica Jacobus... The list could go on forever but just to name a few)

I'm thankful for the texts and messages from others. (Elisha, Emily and Vanessa)

So grateful for the kind words of other heart moms joined through Sisters by Heart.

I am grateful that Ethan was more awake today and that when he looked at me like he knew who I was. I'm grateful that he held both of my hands and fell asleep staring at me. I'm thankful that he tried to talk through the ventilator and that I heard a silent 'mama' and nearly cried.

Most importantly I thank God for the blessings he has given me.

I'm so thankful for so much else and to so many others so please forgive me if you were not mentioned. I just felt the need to say thank you today. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment